In many ways we’re lucky! The Noosa Hinterland is a uniquely beautiful area located on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland. With its rolling hills, lush green forests and picturesque countryside, it’s no surprise that it’s a popular destination for those seeking a break from the hustle and bustle of the city. Whether you’re a resident or just visiting, there are plenty of fun and exciting activities to keep you occupied. In this article, we’ll be exploring 5 ways to spend an afternoon in this idyllic part of the world, so you can make the most of your time and create lasting memories.
Road Trip Around The Noosa Hinterland & Find A Gem
The Noosa Hinterland is home to any number of stunning towns, villages and scenery. The best way to take it in is a road trip. Feel free to follow your route just make sure you drop in for a coffee and a bite or maybe a brew if time isn’t pressing. We love the drive from Eumundi to Cooroy, into Pomona and through to Kin Kin and Cedar Pocket if you have the time. If you’re travelling at the right time of year make sure to stop by Cooloola Berries, where you can pick your own berries, walk through fields of Sunflowers and grab a bite to eat.
Berkelouw Book Barn | Eumundi
If driving is not quite your thing? How about willing some of your lazy afternoons away with good company and a great book? Berkelouw Book Barn in Eumundi is a book lover’s dream. Housed in the historic Eumundi Trading Post building, Berkelouw Book Barn and Cafe is a place where you can lose yourself among hundreds of subjects, with books stacked to the ceiling. Explore the eclectic and diverse collection and take your time browsing. The cafe offers great coffee and delicious homemade food to complete the experience. Both locals and travellers will find the Book Barn to be a truly remarkable place. You can see what’s on by clicking the link below;
Learn more >> http://berkelouw.com.au/stores/eumundi
Visit The Majestic Theatre | Pomona
The Majestic Theatre Pomona is the world’s longest-running silent theatre. Located in the historic town of Pomona. The theatre is a small community-run, not-for-profit theatre and cinema that has been part of the township for over 100 years now. Acquaint or re-acquaint yourself with some Buster Keaton silent films, Laurel and Hardy and Groucho Marx in the heritage-listed theatre. The venue also offers live performances from local, regional, national and internationally renowned artists.
Learn more >> https://www.themajestictheatre.com.au/
Noosa HInterland Eats | Be spoilt by a range of options
The Noosa Hinterland is a foodie’s haven. Whether you’re chasing something fresh like a paddock-to-plate experience, street eats at the markets, a degustation dinner, or something casual – our region delivers. There are far too many to mention here but we’ve listed a few of our favourites;
- Bask Eumundi – Tasty meals and superb wines surrounded by stunning decor.
- The Bungalow Eumundi – Authentic Mediterranean dishes complimented perfectly with a great selection of wines and more in the heart of Eumundi
- Eumundi markets Eumundi – Wander the stalls and find yourself near the eatery. A HUGE range of dishes from all over the world. Try the Okonomiyaki – our favourite!
- The Imperial Hotel Eumundi – indulge yourself and take your time at the Imperial Hotel, casual Aussie dining, cold beers and good times in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Copperhead Brewery Cooroy – Our very own brewery/ restaurant experience that serves up an incredible al a carte menu or something simpler. Pair your meal or snack with one of the local beers or something from the extensive wine list.
- Pomona Distilling Co – Pomona Distilling Co produces small-batch Gins with a focus on quality. The perfect complement to their lovingly crafted Gin’s can be found at their distillery door. A menu that is honest, earthy, and simple. Focusing on fresh produce in the Pomona region. Meals are designed to be shared and enjoyed.
Take in the Sunset – Mount Tinbeerwah
Mount Tinbeerwah offers a stunning sunset. Simply drive to the lookout and take a stroll to the viewpoint. Offering breathtaking 360-degree views of both the coastline and hinterland. Although you can’t witness the sunset over the ocean or coast, the sight of the mountains and hinterland being bathed in golden light is exceptional. Find a spot on the rocks to relax and savour the views. It’s best to stay at a lower level facing the mountains, as the view is more striking there.
The Noosa Hinterland is a popular destination for those seeking a break from the city or to escape the routine for a breather. There is no end to the adventures if you’re visiting us. From scenic towns, villages, and forests, as well as opportunities for food and culture. If you’re like us the area will capture your spirit and you’ll want to be a part of the vibrant community.
Thinking of making the move or would like to know more? Reach Out – HERE