11 Bowman Street KIN KIN QLD 4571
If walls could talk what stories they could tell…and this ultra-cute property, circa 1927, formerly the Kin Kin Masonic Lodge would have a lifetime's worth of yarns to share; however, now it's time for a new, fresh narrative…yours!
This tri-level building with a church-like façade and design, has a loft level, main living level, and lower level; comprising in total two (or more) bedrooms, one bathroom, two toilets, office space, living areas, kitchen, and covered patio with delightful view over rear of property with leafy shady trees along the bank of a permanent creek. Sound idyllic? Well, it truly is.
With soaring cathedral ceilings in excess of 3-metres, there is a palpable sense of space and light, along with a feeling of calm and peace; hardwood polished floors on the main and loft level are a feature that infuses charm and warmth throughout, and the exterior walls are VJ weatherboard.
New windows, new whirly birds and gutters, and a new roof - are big expense items that have already been done; the rest of the property is a blank canvas for the next owner to introduce their own individuality and creativity. The current configuration has two bedrooms, but there could be three (or more); there's plenty of room.
The block is deep and offers space to build a shed/workshop, and slopes at rear towards the creek; a cosy firepit area provides a wonderful space to toast the good life under the stars with family and friends, and there's masses of yard for children and pets to play.
Kin Kin is a quaint, welcoming community in the verdant Noosa hinterland, with a primary school, historic hotel, convenience store, and other amenities; in past years it was a timber town, then dairy, and nowadays has a thriving art community as well as attracting natural health and well-being practitioners. Access to the Noosa Network Trail - popular with hikers, horse riders and mountain bikes is quick and easy.
When it's time to hit the big smoke, Gympie is 30 minutes' drive, Cooroy 25 minutes, and the railway villages of Cooran and Pomona are 15-17 minutes' drive; Noosa Main Beach is 40 minutes away and beautiful Boreen Point is a scenic 20-minute drive.
There is a genuinely unique offering, a property steeped in history, with a bright and exciting future ahead.
• Charming property on 1821m2 with creek at boundary
• Circa 1927, former Masonic Lodge - steeped in history
• Light filled with soaring cathedral ceilings, timber floors
• Tri-level including loft space - versatile living options
• Covered patio at rear + firepit area overlooking grounds
• New roof, new whirly birds & guttering, new windows
• VJ weatherboards on exterior add to warmth & character
• Something totally unique, suit artistic/creative buyer
• Walk to all village amenities including school & pub
• 30 mins to Gympie, 20 mins to Cooroy, 40 mins to Noosa
• An absolute delight in the wonderful community of Kin Kin!